Not a week or so ago our trailer caught fire. There's not much we've been able to do. It seems like our luck has turned completely upside down. Everything was normal that day. My siblings had just started school and I put them on the bus and waited until my mother left for my sisters before I myself left for my aunts so I would spend my day alone at home. I wasn't far and after a few hours we heard popping like someone throwing rocks at a stop sign. Then someone yelled "hey that house is on fire!" We looked out and saw smoke coming from the direction of my home. I took off at a dead run. As I neared the trailer my legs went to jello. All i wanted to do was throw up. neighbors were everywhere not one had made a move to save anything or open a door to see if I was there or not. Running up behind one neighbor I had yelled what happened. Only to get a reply that broke my heart. "You should have been in that trailer." It was like a hot knife through me. Another lady put her arms around me and told me to come with her and she held me as I cried and I finally gathered up enough breath to call my mother. She raced home and barely beat the fire trucks there. By then it was too late hurtful words had been expressed and the fire had done its damage.
Now I'm sitting at a Hardees trying to keep my mind focused on my online school classes and searching for a home for me and my family. All I feel right now is stress, hurt, and fatigue. And I hope that since things have been so unfortunate for us that there can only be that cloud with a silver lining.
No comments:
Post a Comment